commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <>
Subject Re: [Math] Towards release 3.1
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:04:21 GMT

This thread was left alone for some time, although the main issue was not
settled: I requested the release of a new version of CM.

I quote my remarks from an earlier message in this thread:

> [...] issues resulted in some work being done, [...]
> My opinion is that releases must reflect that fact. Or, conversely, only
> "nothing new happened" is a reason for not providing a new release.
> Of course, there should be a balance between the work imposed by preparing a
> release, and the updated contents to be released. I think that the trade-off
> is already largely positive.

> > > "Wish" or "improvement" issues that miss a patch should not be blocking the
> > > 3.1 release.

> Of course, I'd be all for setting a date for release 3.2 too!

I have to abide by the requirement to use an _official_ release of CM and my
code relies on bug fixes present in the development version.

Are there any technical reasons to object to the starting of the release

Thanks for your attention,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message