commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site] yet another proposal on how to restyle the commons site
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:28:10 GMT
On 31 August 2012 10:09, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Thanks to Christian Grobmeier, we also added the responsive bootstrap css.
>
> I re-uploaded the site, can you please have a look at it?
> TIA,
> -Simo

Looks much better now; seems to contain all the required elements, and
they are easier to find than on the horizontal menu.
Compared with the present design, it does look cleaner.

However the pages are considerably longer; it's a pity that the lhs
menu does not fit on the first page.

I'm not sure it makes sense to add the Google and Facebook links, but
if they are present, they should both have hover text; only Google
does at present.
Also, the ApacheCon advert is more important to the ASF, and should
appear before them.
Can they appear horizontally aligned?

The text font on the Commons logo now looks out of place (and the TM
is missing - wrong file used?), so at some point it would be sensible
to redo it.