commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Question about release documentation
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:35:21 GMT
On 20 August 2012 13:32, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
> Just a question about our current documentation about cutting releases:
>
> [1] mentions that symbolic links should be created for the distributions. I
> think this is outdated. Can anybody confirm this? I will then update the
> instructions accordingly.

I don't think the symbolic links are very useful.
They are certainly not necessary, and it's easy for them to get out of date.

If a mirror is set up correctly, they do work, however anyone
downloading from the symbolic link will see the file as
   commons-dbutils-current-bin.zip
rather than
  commons-dbutils-1.5-bin.zip (for example).