commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1370208 - in /commons/proper/jexl/branches/2.0: RELEASE-NOTES.txt pom.xml src/site/xdoc/changes.xml
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 14:48:47 GMT
On 7 August 2012 15:16, henrib <henrib@apache.org> wrote:
> Just trying to ensure that I will not generate a public jexl2 release
> compiled against a jdk6.

Did not prevent me using Java 1.6 to compile.

Try updating a source file to add a call to "".isEmpty() - a Java 1.6+
method - and see what happens if you compile with the default Java set
to 1.6
That compiles fine for me on WinXP

Compiling with 1.6 will still generate 1.5-compatible code provided
that the source/target properties are set correctly.
Note that the Continuum build should pick up any usage of Java 1.6+
methods which is the only other issue here.

> Since most (if not all) JEXL users can't even use published snapshots, the
> likelihood of anyone attempting to compile jexl2 and not being able to
> comment the toolchain plugin in the pom seems very low...

It's a pain having to update the pom just to check with different JVMs.

That's partly why CP now includes the java-1.x profiles.
Also, the way that is implemented actually works!

> Anyhow, you can revert the modification and you are more than welcome to
> release jexl-2.1.2 if you want to. :-

I don't mind it being present if it adds utility without causing problems.