commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Formatting
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:57:27 GMT
On 23 August 2012 11:39, S├ębastien Brisard <sebastien.brisard@m4x.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> in MATH-851, a discussion about code- and comments-formatting as yet
> again taken place. It is true we are a bit fuzzy on this side. I
> propose to start writing something up in the developer's guide. This
> will be a start, and every one of you could then comment on these
> guidelines.
> The idea is to gather the compulsory rules, as well as some optional
> rules, which should then be complemented by the rationale for these
> optional rules.
>
> What do you think ?

Probably easiest to use the Wiki for this, at least initially.

If there are compulsory rules - e.g. no tabs - a reason should be
given, for example:
Tab settings vary. This causes alignment issues, so tabs are banned.

Generally it's easier to understand and follow rules if their purpose
is made explicit.