commons-dev mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [math] Binary or text resource files?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 03:19:13 GMT
2012/8/30 Gilles Sadowski <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>:
> Hello.
>
>> testing of special functions involves comparing actual values returned
>> by CM with expected values as computed with an arbitrary precision
>> software (I use Maxima [1] for this purpose). As I intend these tests
>> to be assesments of the overall accuracy of our implementations, the
>> number of test values is quite large.
>
> How large?

For example, testing of GammaDistribution involves some *.csv files,
the largest of which is 300kb. This might not be so huge in the end
(although the svn commit log is quite large!).

BTW, you might notice that I've committed this morning a new *.csv
file. I'm not taking decisions without waiting for everyone's ascent,
I'm merely extending some tests which were already using resource
files. If we decide for another option, I'll change all of this
together.

Best regards,
S├ębastien