commons-dev mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [math] Binary or text resource files?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 02:59:33 GMT
Hello,
right, until we reach a consensus, I've inlined the reference data as
double[][], trying to keep those arrays to a reasonable size.
I really would like to provide publicly available extensive validation
of all special functions we have (and will) implement. It seems to me
very important. BOOST does that, which I think lays a standard we
ought to live up to. I'm just not sure what the right way to do this
is. Surely, using unit tests for this is a bit far-fetched. Gilles was
talking about a side-project: did you mean a whole new project in
SANDBOX? That project would then not be a library, but rather a set of
executables which produce nicely formatted reports on the accuracy of
o.a.c.m.special, to be included in the User's guide of CM? Is that
what you had in mind, Gilles? What do others think?

S├ębastien