commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <>
Subject Re: Proposal Commons-JNDI
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:14:25 GMT
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Jörg Schaible
<> wrote:
> Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'd like to propose a new component Commons JNDI for the sandbox.
>> The aim would be to have a very lightweight JNDI implementation (no
>> server, or something like that) that's not necessarily suitable for
>> production, but ideally suited for use in test suites, and the like.
>> For example, commons dbcp might use this to verify configuration via
>> JNDI. The new implementation ought to be driven by property, XML, or
>> JSON files.
>> Possible starting points:
>> - Import Simple JNDI, which already comes very close to the target.
>> Henri Yandell, one of the Simple JNDI authors has given his agreement.
>> - Import Tomcat JNDI, no contact with the Tomcat developers exists on
>> that topic.
>> WDYT?
> Ever looked at simple-jndi? Now located at

Ever read the first of my suggested options?

In other words: what could be seen as a socially debilitating failure
of character can certainly work to your advantage too. (Linus
Torvalds, but the use in the signature tells something about me as

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message