commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [site] yet another proposal on how to restyle the commons site
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:47:28 GMT
Hi Ralph!

> Actually, I am not sure that the full listing of the components on the main page even
needs to be there.  If you click on "components" in the left nav you get pretty much the same
thing.  So I would prefer to see a much shorter section on Commons Proper, perhaps with the
same link in that text.

That is indeed the reason why I originally put the carousel in the
first attempt[1] rather than the complete list, but I reverted for the
purpose to achieve the general agreement to apply the skin

> Is this work in preparation for moving to the CMS?

That is the idea - new way to publish the site, new skin.

all the best,
-Simo

[1] http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/commons/

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/