commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject [chain2] ServiceLoader in Chain2 to load Jackson supported formats
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 15:13:31 GMT
Hi all guys,

I am prototyping the Jackson support as described in CHAIN-76 and
found an elegant solution with ServiceLoader to support, via Jackson,
multiple format support without hardcoding them in the ConfigParser
code but rather loading available parsers at runtime.

Since [chain2] hasn't been published yet and my prototype would
require an API which is not available on Java5, we have 3 options:

 * using the [discovery] component

 * using a backport[1] component I wrote time ago for java5 (it's ALv2)

 * upgrade to java6

The second option sounds to me the more reasonable since uses java
standard APIs and is Java6 compatible, while keeping Java5 backward
compatibility...

WDYT?
Many thanks in advance, all the best!
-Simo