commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <>
Subject Re: [site] yet another proposal on how to restyle the commons site
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:33:07 GMT
Hi all!

>> - I find the slider gadget thingy disconcerting. I do not know that it will
>> slide, I thought it was a bug and that the other components were missing
>> (see above). Then, poof!, it does slide. I would not use it so prominently
>> if at all.

table restored, more work on the carousel could improve the l'n'f IMHO
but let's back to the roots first :)

>> - Does not look good on my iPhone. The main issue is that the top menu bar
>> takes up a third of the screen. We need to consider mobile IMO.
> Agreed.

unfortunately Twitter Bootstrap just provides a responsive design wich
adapts the "desktop" components to mobile phones - and they announced
in the ML they don't have any plan (yet?) to write  aport on the

Fortunately, I can still provide you a sample with the "classic"
sidebar menu navigation - as shown in[1] - which should adapt better
on mobile phones. Can you please verify it?

> There's no Apache or Apache Commons logo, presumably because these use
> relative links, and the images are missing.
> Could you add the directory so we can see what it would look like?

At that point I'll be working on applying the skin on a component to
see how it looks like to show you, hopefully we will find an agreement
and definitively upgrade the commons site :P

Have a nice day, all the best!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message