commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [site] yet another proposal on how to restyle the commons site
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 19:45:01 GMT

On Aug 31, 2012, at 10:47 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:

> Hi Ralph!
>
>> Actually, I am not sure that the full listing of the components on the main page
even needs to be there.  If you click on "components" in the left nav you get pretty much
the same thing.  So I would prefer to see a much shorter section on Commons Proper, perhaps
with the same link in that text.

> That is indeed the reason why I originally put the carousel in the
> first attempt[1] rather than the complete list, but I reverted for the
> purpose to achieve the general agreement to apply the skin

With as many projects as we have the carousel isn't very usable as it takes too long to cycle.
With the sidebar I don't think you really need that.

Ralph