commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [all] Question about release documentation
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:58:52 GMT
Am 20.08.2012 16:08, schrieb Gilles Sadowski:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 02:32:25PM +0200, Oliver Heger wrote:
>> Just a question about our current documentation about cutting releases:
>>
>> [1] mentions that symbolic links should be created for the
>> distributions. I think this is outdated. Can anybody confirm this? I
>> will then update the instructions accordingly.
>
> I don't know, but there were several wrong or incomplete statements in that
> document when, as a "newbie release manager" for Commons Math 3.0, I tried
> to follow it step by step.
> I collected the steps of a working procedure here:
>    http://wiki.apache.org/commons/GillesSadowski/ReleaseMiniHowto

Thanks for the link.

Publishing releases is already a surprisingly complex task. Having
multiple, partly outdated instructions makes it even harder :-(

We should try to come up with one standard document. So far, for the
release preparations the UsingNexus document worked well for me. I am
going to update it when I encounter problems.

Oliver