commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal Commons-JNDI
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:41:16 GMT
Years ago, I've been playing with Sun's File System Provider [1] to
finally use the tomcat's jars with their JNDI impl (differently packaged
in tomcat5 and tomcat6 if I remember well...)

To extend on Gary ApacheDS, It's nice to have a small library locally
accessible, it would be still better if that JNDI context would be
reachable remotely by-configuration.

So I would prefer having a scale-down of the existing (ApacheDS?)
implementation for unittests or even pure-local (non remote) needs.

Anyway, +1 (non-binding) on the proposal.

Thx, Eric

[1]
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-java-plat-419418.html#7110-jndi-1.2.1-oth-JPR