commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Towards release 3.1
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 13:59:31 GMT
On 08/03/2012 10:22 PM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> Hello.
>
> More than 60 issues have been resolved since the release of Commons Math
> 3.0.

The number of resolved issues in JIRA is misleading as it includes also
issues resolved as Won't Fix or Duplicate. Also not all issues have been
closed after the release of 3.0, some have been kept in status resolved
intentionally as they were marked as "Later" or "Incomplete".

> I think that it is time to lay out a road map for the next release (3.1),
> with a target date of early September (at which point, 3.0 will be 6 months
> old).

+1

> The following are the more serious issues:
>   MATH-836 Fraction(double, int) constructor strange behaviour:
     should be solved

>   MATH-828 Unbounded solutions in Simplex Solver:
     should be solved, will create another issue as follow up

>   MATH-819 Infeasible solution in Simplex Solver:
     either won't fix or not a problem, user was providing very large
     (unnecessary) bounds in the problem which lead to obvious
     numerical problems.

>   MATH-789 Correlated random vector generator fails:
     I did initial analysis, but need more information about the
     implemented algorithm to fix it

 * MATH-777 More CrossoverPolicy's are needed: partly done, need to add
     two more policies from the patch

> "Wish" or "improvement" issues that miss a patch should not be blocking the
> 3.1 release.
> Some of them are still marked with 3.1 as the target version. Please give
> your opinion about whether they could be easily implemented in the next few
> weeks, or should be postponed to release 3.2 or 4.0.

MATH-748 Clustering algos
MATH-749 Complex Hull
MATH-750 Voronoi
MATH-751 Computational geometry algos (wrapper issue for the 3 others)
MATH-752 Triangulation

I put them with target release 3.1, but they are obviously not blocking,
but I am willing to do work on them in the coming weeks.

> Please review all issues (especially those assigned to you, or reported by
> you, or where you took an active part in the discussion) and provide
> feedback on their "currentness".

see above.

Thomas