commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [all] Question about release documentation
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:08:45 GMT
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 02:32:25PM +0200, Oliver Heger wrote:
> Just a question about our current documentation about cutting releases:
>
> [1] mentions that symbolic links should be created for the
> distributions. I think this is outdated. Can anybody confirm this? I
> will then update the instructions accordingly.

I don't know, but there were several wrong or incomplete statements in that
document when, as a "newbie release manager" for Commons Math 3.0, I tried
to follow it step by step.
I collected the steps of a working procedure here:
  http://wiki.apache.org/commons/GillesSadowski/ReleaseMiniHowto

Regards,
Gilles