commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject Re: [collections] Cleanup of trunk
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 07:59:04 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> On Java 5/6, I'm in favour of Java 6 at this point. To justify it for
> Sebb, someone needs to check to see if any collections in
> [collections] could implement the new interfaces added in Java 6 -
> NavigableSet, NavigableMap and so on.

I am definitely +1 here. Java 6 comes with more interesting  interfaces
(Deque) and implementations (ArrayDeque explicitly as replacement for Stack)
that make more of our stuff obsolete.

Anyone who still uses Java 5 has either made the best of 4-year-old cc3 or
switched to a different library. And in the light that Java 6 is probably
EOL before we release cc4, I see also no reason to stick with Java 5.

- Jörg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message