commons-dev mailing list archives

From Elijah Zupancic <eli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [chain2] configuration façade APIs
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:11:45 GMT
Hi Simo,

That sounds good to me. However, I'm having trouble separating the
existing Catalog implementation from the rest of chain. Digester is
tightly coupled across components, so it is a non-trivial refactor to
make a configuration facade. I'm working on it, but it will take some
time.

Thanks,
-Elijah

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Simone Tripodi
<simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> Good morning all,
>
> so I continue proposing the already proposed roadmap: let's add the
> façade APIs for the [chain] configuration stuff, adapt the existing
> XML configuration reader, use the [configuration] in future releases
> for new [chain] configurations.
> How does it sound?
>
> best,
> -Simo

> http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 7:01 AM, Elijah Zupancic <elijah@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Oliver,
>>
>> Configuration seems like it might be useful if I end up redoing the
>> XML configuration portion. Are there any plans to support YAML?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Elijah
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Oliver Heger
>> <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>>> Hi Simo,

>>> nothing concrete. I saw that you mentioned an XML configuration module, and
>>> [configuration] contains a XMLConfiguration class. It also supports other
>>> configuration file formats, e.g. properties or ini files which can be
>>> accessed through the same Configuration interface.
>>>
>>> I don't know your concrete use cases. If you already have a working
>>> implementation based on Digester, there is probably not much benefit in
>>> switching to another API. But if you plan support for other configuration
>>> file formats, [configuration] may be worth a look.
>>>
>>> Oliver

But