commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Skinfill <craig.skinf...@gmail.com>
Subject [vfs] Implementing a provider for GridFS
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:38:44 GMT
I'm looking to implement a provider for Gridfs
(http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/GridFS) and its unclear if a
FileSystem represents a single "filesystem" or is used for all
filesystems that are gridfs based.  Meaning, if I have two gridfs
systems and I want to copy a file from

gridfs://hostA/tests/my/fileA.jpg
gridfs://hostB/prod/my/fileA.jpg

would i expect 2 instances of FileSystem to be created?  Or one?  If
one, what's the recommend places to create the actual client code that
connects to the system?  I see in the SftpFileSystem it looks like
that filesystem is created from the FileProvider and has the specific
host in it.  Does that mean a given VFS file Manager can only interact
with 1 sftp host at a time?

Anyone else working on a gridfs provider?