commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [functor] Generify ComparableComparator based on Commons-Collection ComparableComparator
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:31:03 GMT
Olá Bruno!

go for it! The reason of the "See Commons-Collections for a public
version of this class." comment is more historical than technical -
anyway, +1 to generify ComparableComparator.

TIA!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Bruno P. Kinoshita
<brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In [functor], the class org.apache.commons.functor.core.comparator.ComparableComparator
[1] is used by some functors and, as the name says, is a comparator of comparables. I was
reviewing the raw types in [functor] tests when I stumbled across this class, and noticed
it hasn't been "generified" yet, and that its javadoc says "See Commons-Collections for a
public version of this class.".

> The commons-collection ComparableComparator is already generified, so I thought about
trying to generify [functor]'s ComparableComparator using this version as reference (and maybe
update its javadoc as well).