commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [io] Problem with the FileUtils.byteCountToDisplaySize() method
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:47:53 GMT
Hi Ninju,

welcome to Apache Commons! Usually these kind of questions should be
sent to users@, while on dev@ we discuss about components development.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with [io] so I am not in the position
to reply your question.

best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Ninju Bohra
<ninju.bohra@technologypartners.co> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> First time poster so please be kind.
>
> I need to convert a filesize to a human-readable String and I saw the method in FileUtils
that I thought I could use.

> But I also searched StackOverflow.com and found the following question:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3758606/how-to-convert-byte-size-into-human-readable-format-in-java
>
> It looks like the most popular answer appears to be more flexible and capable (esp. for
European concerns) that what is currently in FileUtils.java

> What is the process for getting this behavior available to FileUtils.java, either as
a new method(s) OR as an update to the existing implementation?