commons-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume CHAUVET <guillaume.chau...@qualiformed.com>
Subject [math] Expression evaluator
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:58:10 GMT
Hello,

I would like to submit you a new feature: an expression evaluator (MATH-809, ignore my patch).
This interpreter will evaluate an expression (including variable, function) but will don't
provide parser (to keep I/O independency).

I think it would be useful to put this functionality into commons-math for some reasons:

-          Writing a new library only for this function isn't very gainful;

-          Evaluating an expression is a common math operation;

N.B: Implementation will use interpreter, builder and factory design patterns.