commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Becksfort, Jared" <Jared.Becksf...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: [math]
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:59:18 GMT
Mikkel,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I will create some unit tests and review the submission procedures.
 Hopefully I will submit it in the next week or two.

Jared

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikkel Meyer Andersen [mailto:mikl@mikl.dk]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 4:34 PM
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [math]

Dear Jared,

Yes, that would be very nice to have such an addition! Remember to also include unit tests
(refer to the current ones for examples). The best would be to split a submission up into
multiple minor ones, each covering a natural submission (e.g. multivariate Normal distribution
in one submission), and create an issue as described at http://commons.apache.org/math/issue-tracking.html
.

If you run into any problems, please do not hesitate to ask on this mailing list.

Cheers, Mikkel.

2012/7/9 Becksfort, Jared <Jared.Becksfort@stjude.org>:
> Hello,
>
> I have implemented some classes for multivariate Normal distributions, multivariate normal
mixture models, and an expectation maximization fitting class for the mixture model.  I would
like to submit it to Apache Commons Math.  I still have some touching up to do so that they
fit the style guidelines and implement the correct interfaces.  Before I do so, I thought
I would at least ask if the developers of the project are interested in me submitting them.