commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Becksfort, Jared" <Jared.Becksf...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: [Math] NOTICE file
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 04:35:44 GMT
My employer requires that we retain copyright.  The code will also be released in other packages
at some point.  If neither of those requires that I modify the NOTICE file, then I won't bother.

Jared
From: Phil Steitz [phil.steitz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:11 PM
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [Math] NOTICE file

On 7/18/12 9:02 PM, Becksfort, Jared wrote:
> That may have been a dumb question.  I was thinking there were multiple NOTICE files,
but apparently there is only one.  I guess it can be part of the patch unless I hear otherwise
from someone on the list.

In general, there is no need to update the NOTICE file when patches
are contributed.  This is only used for contributions that have been
previously released in other forms / under other licenses or when
there are other specific reasons requiring that we provide a NOTICE
to users of our software.  Why exactly do you think this is
necessary for the patches you are contributing?

Phil

> Jared

 They include unit tests.  Do I just email the NOTICE file also, or do I have to include it
in the patch file somehow?