commons-dev mailing list archives

From Farrukh Najmi <farr...@wellfleetsoftware.com>
Subject [IMAGING] TagInfo and distinction between TagName and FieldName
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 21:33:25 GMT

Hi Guys,

I am new to the project so forgive me if the answer is obvious...

I am working with latest svn bits and the
org.apache.commons.imaging.formats.tiff.taginfos.TagInfo class seems to
only support the TagName column of Table 3 TIFF Rev. 6.0 Attribute
Information Used in Exif in the Exif spec
<http://www.exif.org/Exif2-2.PDF>. I need access to FieldName as it
seems more suitable as a human-friendly identifier for the tag.

I think it would be ideal if TagInfo supports both TagName and
FieldName. What does the dev team think? If there are not many -1s then
I will file in RFE in JIRA.

Thanks for your input.

--
Regards,