commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] Multivariate Gaussian Mixture Model
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 11:08:19 GMT
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 09:32:32PM -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 7/11/12 3:22 PM, Becksfort, Jared wrote:
> > Luc,
> >
> > Yes, that should work for my company's needs.  Thank you for clearing that up for
me.  I will plan to submit in the next few weeks.

> > This should be my last legal question for awhile, but I also wanted to ask about
submitting a note to a statistical journal.  The method I have implemented is not new, of
course, but it might be worth drawing some attention to it, which would also draw attention
to Apache Commons Math.  Is there any restriction against doing so?  I need to house the software
for download somewhere if I mention it in a journal paper or note, so it might as well be
where I plan to submit it anyway.

> That is an interesting question.  Mentioning the code and project is
> obviously no problem and most welcome.  What is "interesting" is
> that unless what you point to is a release (which won't happen for a
> while), [...]

Hmm, by coincidence I was going to start a thread about the planning of
release 3.1.

Regards,
Gilles