commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject [functor] Generify ComparableComparator based on Commons-Collection ComparableComparator
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:59:41 GMT
Hi all,

In [functor], the class org.apache.commons.functor.core.comparator.ComparableComparator [1]
is used by some functors and, as the name says, is a comparator of comparables. I was reviewing
the raw types in [functor] tests when I stumbled across this class, and noticed it hasn't
been "generified" yet, and that its javadoc says "See Commons-Collections for a public version
of this class.".

The commons-collection ComparableComparator is already generified, so I thought about trying
to generify [functor]'s ComparableComparator using this version as reference (and maybe update
its javadoc as well).

Does it sound like a good idea? Any thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance!

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/functor/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/functor/core/comparator/ComparableComparator.java?view=markup
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/collections/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections/comparators/ComparableComparator.java?view=markup

Bruno P. Kinoshita