commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons IO 2.4-RC2
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2012 20:52:42 GMT
On 16 June 2012 20:38, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's official: The Maven-Nexus is a pain in my you-know-what.
>
> All of the extra files (SHA, MD5, -bin, -src) must be deleted manually, and
> I deleted one ASC file by mistake and I am getting an error releasing from
> Nexus:
>
>    -*Missing Signature:*'/commons-io/commons-io/2.4/commons-io-2.4-sources.jar.asc'
> does not exist
> for 'commons-io-2.4-sources.jar'.
>
> ARG!
>
> I looks like the whole RC is hosed unless I can add back the one ASC file.
>
> Does anyone know how to do that?

AFAIK, it's not possible to update the staging repo once it has been closed.

further action.

> I am assuming that not putting the -sources jar in the Maven repo is not
> acceptable.

Dunno about that, but it may be possible to release just the sources
jar as a separate job; again ask on the list.

If anyone still has the relevant .asc file locally, that would be
worth retaining for now.

> Arg!

> Gary
>
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 14 June 2012 12:50, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Right, some of these extra files have to be deleted manually before
>> > the release but after the vote.
>>
>> They can be deleted before the vote as they do not add any value to the
>> vote.

In light of this I suggest any spurious files are always deleted
*before* any vote.