commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [bsf]
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 17:19:55 GMT
On 13 June 2012 17:01, Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Just a quick note/quibble re BSF's history:
>
> I, Joe Kesselman (the same IBMer who contributed some code to Xerces and
> quite a lot to Xalan) did a lot of the early prototyping work on BSF. The
> concept and initial sketch was certainly Sanjiva's, as part of some other
> bean composition work we were doing, but I was working with him and he had
> handed it off to me for further implementation and debugging. For example, I
> implemented the first version of the Java-style signature matching logic;
> before that we had required exact type matches.
>
> (Feel free to ask Sanjiva to confirm this.)
>
> So I'd appreciate not being completely left out of the credits!

Some contributors are currently credited here:

http://commons.apache.org/bsf/team-list.html

It would be easy to add your name there.
Do you want the credit to include an e-mail address, if so, which?

Do you want to use Joe or Joseph?

Your name currently appears in several java source files in the @author tag.
The ASF now deprecates the use of indivual @author tags, because they
are impossible to maintain accurately and the ASF is about community
rather than individuals.

So we would like to remove the tags from the main source files and put
them in the website instead.
Would that be OK with you?

Were you involved with BSF 3.x (JSR-223) as well as BSF 2.x?