commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <>
Subject Re: [classscan] Metadata API discussion
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:11:58 GMT
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:56 AM, sebb <> wrote:
> Not sure I follow this. Why would an interface use extra memory?
> I can see that it might add a bit more to the static size of a class,
> but why would it add more to each instance of a class that uses it?

It's not the interface itself.  It's the fact that you have to have
more objects loaded into memory when you use the interface-based
approach.  For example, if BCEL has some object that represents a
class' metadata, then we'll have to put some "adapter" object in front
of it that implements our metadata API interface and knows how to
speak BCEL-speak to extract the information.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message