commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils2] Thoughts about the API
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:05:05 GMT
On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Simone Tripodi
<simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:

> > 2. Wrap checked exceptions into RuntimeExceptions. The question is,
> > what a user can do to recover from one of those exceptions. Only if
> > there is something the user can do, it would make sense to throw a
> > checked exception.
>
> this is currently the option I'd prefer!

+1!  This is one thing I hate about BeanUtils.  I really hate having
to catch all these exceptions and every project where I use BU, I
usually end up "wrapping" the calls to do this very thing, since
there's really nothing you can do about it typically and it would
indicate a programming error, not some runtime condition which you can
code around.