commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] File permissions
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:29:20 GMT
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Benjamin Piwowarski
<benjamin@bpiwowar.net>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there were any plans for the "Get/set the file
> permissions" item in the TODO list. I would like to contribute on that (at
> least for sftp and local), but I would like to know the planned
> architecture for such a feature (if any).

Not from me ATM. Feel free to give it a go.

Can anyone see reason why we should not have setters like we have getters
for:

- org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileObject.isHidden()
- org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileObject.isReadable()
- org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileObject.isWriteable()

Should there also be other checks? isExecutable()?

Gary