commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <benerit...@googlemail.com>
Subject [BeanUtils2] Some proposals for an exception name
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2012 18:32:34 GMT
Hi,

following up on the thread where we discussed about the current state
of the API [1], I want to discuss how to name the generic
RuntimeException we talked about. Here are some proposals:

1. BeanUtilsException
2. BeanUtilsReflectionException
3. ReflectionException
4. ReflectiveAcessException

My personal favorite is ReflectionException. I don't think, that we
should prefix classes wie BeanUtils*, because this information is
contained in the fully qualified class name. The problem is, that
there is already a ReflectionException in javax [2]. So I guess we can
not use that name?

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] http://markmail.org/message/yetl76y734dnt5zz