commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils2] Do we still need the internal and the transformers package?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:56:03 GMT
Hello,

> I remember, that we added the internal package, because we had the
> need to split up the code base. Looking at the code base now, I don't
> see any reason for the internal package. Can we move Assertions back
> to the main package and remove the internal package?

yes, I am taking care of it (not sure that action worths an issue)

> And what do we need the transformer for? It has been there from the
> beginning, but we never used it. Is it an artifact from BeanUtils1
> that can be dropped as well?

We've haven't used it but we could (should?) do - BU supports the
useful feature of properties settings via Converters, that means that
someone could chose to pass a String to set an Integer.

The transformer package was initially designed for that purpose - we
never used it because of lack of time, not because it is not useful :P

best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi