commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils2] Some proposals for an exception name
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:27:37 GMT
> The point is with "Property %s not found in %s type" you're embedding the
> relevant data in the message text and a client would have to parse the text
> if a special handling is required.

I would never force poor users parsing the exception message to
understand what is wrong - I would add getters to the exception to
retrieve both propertyName/targetClass of PropertyNotFoundException,
in the same way users are used to invoke the getCause() method.
Apologize for not having been explicit on this!

-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/