commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject [collections] Cleanup of trunk
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 09:28:26 GMT
Hi,

I recently started to work more on collections and cleaning up the trunk
to make it a candidate for a release and would like to ask a few questions:

 - there is still lots of javadoc missing, moving the source code level
   to Java 1.6 would allow the use of @Override in more places (instead
   of putting a /** {inheritDoc} */ everywhere)

   this has been discussed for vfs a few weeks ago, and my
   understanding was that this proposal was well received, so what do
   you think about doing the same for collections?

 - unit tests: there are currently two unit tests for certain classes
   that are almost similar, e.g. TestListOrderedMap and
   TestListOrderedMap2. Does anybody know why this exists?

   also I would like to go to annotation based unit tests like in the
   other components and rename the tests to the common style:
   ClassNameTest.

 - consistency with commons rules. There are several things that are
   different to other components atm:

   o authors contained in source files
   o no changes.xml to track changes
   o since and version tags are a bit different
   o package.html should be package-info.java

   and I guess other things too that I have not spotted yet.

Are there any objections / suggestions to continue with the cleanup?

Thomas