commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] 2.0 release
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:00:40 GMT
On 6/17/12 2:20 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 17/06/2012 16:26, Phil Steitz wrote:
>>> +1

>>> I don't think so. I got most things cleaned up before I became
>>> distracted (for far longer than I expected) by a Tomcat 7 release.
>>>
>>> The Tomcat 7 release is almost done, so I should be able to spend some
>>> time on POOL 2 / DBCP 2 in the coming weeks.
> The two open issues for 2.x have been fixed. That leaves one
> enhancement, one 1.x specific issue and one issue that doesn't as yet
> have a satisfactory explanation. I think the code is ready for a 2.0
> release. A lot of the supporting material isn't.

I will get to work on that.  Patches welcome, of course :)

I will also start testing with dbcp2 to make sure all is well.  Are
we reasonably confident that we will not need any further API
changes to pool2 for dbcp2?

>> Great.  If there are things I can help with or areas of dicyness [1]
>> in need of extra testing, let me know.
> I don't think any one part is dicer than any other. Having the existing
> test suite has really helped.
>
> If I had to pick on something, it would be the improved concurrency.
> Since that is the new bit, that is where the current test cases may ber
> lacking.

I am fixing [performance] up to work fully with [pool] 2 and to
leverage the new stats reporting.

One question for the list:  is it still possible to release commons
components "manually" to the maven repos - i.e., without using Nexus
or the release plugin?

Phil