commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [pool] 2.0 release
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:20:29 GMT
On 17/06/2012 16:26, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 6/17/12 1:13 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 17/06/2012 08:49, Phil Steitz wrote:
>>> Looks like only the relatively trivial POOL-220 and POOL-217 affect
>>> 2.0.
>> +1
>>
>>>   We need to resolve these and do some javadoc and site
>>> cleanup; but unless there are other things we want to get into 2.0,
>>> I would like to move this toward a release.  I will volunteer to RM
>>> if no one else wants to.  Is there anything else we need to do
>>> code-wise to get this ready?
>> I don't think so. I got most things cleaned up before I became
>> distracted (for far longer than I expected) by a Tomcat 7 release.
>>
>> The Tomcat 7 release is almost done, so I should be able to spend some
>> time on POOL 2 / DBCP 2 in the coming weeks.

The two open issues for 2.x have been fixed. That leaves one
enhancement, one 1.x specific issue and one issue that doesn't as yet
have a satisfactory explanation. I think the code is ready for a 2.0
release. A lot of the supporting material isn't.

> Great.  If there are things I can help with or areas of dicyness [1]
> in need of extra testing, let me know.

I don't think any one part is dicer than any other. Having the existing
test suite has really helped.

If I had to pick on something, it would be the improved concurrency.
Since that is the new bit, that is where the current test cases may ber
lacking.

Mark