commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] 2.0 release
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2012 15:26:07 GMT
On 6/17/12 1:13 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 17/06/2012 08:49, Phil Steitz wrote:
>> Looks like only the relatively trivial POOL-220 and POOL-217 affect
>> 2.0.
> +1
>
>>   We need to resolve these and do some javadoc and site
>> cleanup; but unless there are other things we want to get into 2.0,
>> I would like to move this toward a release.  I will volunteer to RM
>> if no one else wants to.  Is there anything else we need to do
>> code-wise to get this ready?
> I don't think so. I got most things cleaned up before I became
> distracted (for far longer than I expected) by a Tomcat 7 release.
>
> The Tomcat 7 release is almost done, so I should be able to spend some
> time on POOL 2 / DBCP 2 in the coming weeks.

Great.  If there are things I can help with or areas of dicyness [1]
in need of extra testing, let me know.

>> Phil
>>
>> P.S.:  I seem to have lost my commons JIRA karma (can't edit
>> issues).  Can someone restore that, please?
> Done. Not I granted you the admin role on the commons projects rather
> than adding you to the commons group.
Thanks!

> Is Phil at <your surname> dot com also you? If so I can merge it with
> your more frequently used user.

Yes, that should be me from a much earlier time.

Thanks again.

Phil

[1] I am theoretically convinced it will never result in per key max
exceeded, but I am still a little worried about how calculatedeficit
works in GKOP.  I will be banging that a little to see what happens
under high concurrent load with minIdle set.