commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Math] How to use a class from the "test" source tree?
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:54:02 GMT
Hi.

> > Is there a way for an application to depend on the classes defined in the
> > "test" subtree of the code repository?
>
> If the component releases the test jar, then it should be possible.

It seems that it's not released as a JAR (probably only in the zip/tar
and source archive).

> But if the test code is more generally useful, perhaps it should be
> moved to the java subtree.

I'd like to make it easy to use "PerfTestUtils" outside of the CM
development environment.

Is it OK to move it to "main"? Before doing so, I also expected that more
people would have a look at it, and agree on the "methodology" (or suggest
ways to improve it) and API.

When I move it, should it go to the top-level package "o.a.c.m"? Or maybe
into "util"? Or even a new "util/perf" subpackage (to separate utilities
used by the CM code from utilities used to test the code's performance?

Regards,
Gilles