commons-dev mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Brisard <>
Subject [math] Deprecating
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 19:21:29 GMT
in this thread,
I suggested that we deprecate guessParametersErrors() and replace it
with getParametersStandardDeviation(), since the implemented formula
seems to be the accepted estimate for the sd of the optimized
There was no reaction, but I don't think that meant agreement (!).
Although I do think that guessParametersErrors() is a bit vague (if
not confusing), I'm going to drop this proposal unless someone says he
supports it. As far as I am concerned, MATH-784 would then be resolved
(I stiil need to inquire about getSigma()).

Best regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message