commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [math] SparseRealVectorTest, SparseRealMatrixTest, SparseFieldMatrixTest, SparseFieldVectorTest
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 11:44:05 GMT
Hi,

2012/5/28 Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com>:
> On 05/28/2012 11:23 AM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>> Le 28/05/2012 09:42, Sébastien Brisard a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>> is there a reason why these classes are called SparseXxxTest, instead
>>> of OpenMapXxxTest? Am I missing something?
>>
>> I don't remember the reason, it may either be that we renamed the
>> library class and forgot to rename the test classes, or we intended to
>> share base test class accross several different implementations and did
>> not do it.

I'm currently looking into the tests of all vectors implementations,
and there is *a lot* of duplicate code. I will probably factor out
some of this code into the newly created RealVectorAbstractTest (which
I've set up for the sake of testing the various implementations of the
visitor pattern).

>> Nevertheless, they could be renamed for consistency. As they are only
>> test classes, there are no compatibility issues there.
>>
>> Thanks for identifying this.
>
> fyi: there is already an issue about this MATH-625
>
> Thomas

Thomas, you are a living encyclopedia! Thanks for the hint, I you
want, I can take care of that ticket.

Best regards,
Sébastien