commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <sgoes...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of commons-email-1.3 based on RC3
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 19:38:35 GMT
Hi Oliver,

thanks for checking the RC

1) missing LICENSE.txt & NOTICE.txt

This is actually handled by commons-parent-24.pom in the resource
section and should work out-of-the-box. Having said that it does not
work for commons-email - currently investigating.

2) Clirr Warnings

We get CLIRR warnings due to moving constants from Email.java to
EmailConstants.java. This refactoring actually maintains source and
binary compatibility Some other changes (changing return value) were
reverted to avoid having a major release so the Clirr warnings are false
positives.

3) Minimalistic Binary Distribution

Mhmm, according to the "bin" assembly descriptor that should be the case
since it includes "target/site/apidocs". I checked the build and the I
think the javadoc was simply not generated at the the time the binary
distribution was built - please note that both plugins are executed at
the "package" phase and I'm not sure if Maven make guarantees in which
order the plugins are executed assuming that they are assigned to the
exactly the same life-cycle phase.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl