commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of commons-email-1.3 based on RC3
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 16:55:15 GMT
Hi,

build worked for me with Java 1.5 and 1.6 on Windows 7. However, I found
the following problems:

- commons-email-1.3.jar from the binary distribution does not contain
the license and NOTICE files in its META-INF folder.
- The clirr report contains 29 errors. I did not follow discussions
during development of [email], so I don't know whether this is a problem
for users or not. However, I would at least expect that incompatible
changes are clearly stated in the release notes.
- The binary distribution is pretty minimalistic. Other commons
components typically ship the Javadocs and other artifacts like the
sources jar. (Maybe not a major problem, but it would be nice if we were
more consistent within Commons.)
- Minor nit: Could the source distribution deflate in a different
directory than the binary one?

<offTopic>
Is it possible with our current Common Parent setup to test the release
with Maven 3 on a JDK 1.4? When I run mvn package -P java-1.4 I get the
following error:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/maven/surefire/junit/JUnit3Pr
ovider (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
         at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
3)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass(Isolat
edClassLoader.java:97)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.loadClass(ReflectionUt
ils.java:228)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.instantiateOneArg(Refl
ectionUtils.java:128)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireReflector.instantiateProvide
r(SurefireReflector.java:239)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory.createProvider(Provi
derFactory.java:122)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory.invokeProvider(Provi
derFactory.java:81)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(Fork
edBooter.java:103)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:
74)
</offTopic>

Oliver