commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] maven: Problem with "clirr"
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:53:46 GMT
On 24 April 2012 22:19, Gilles Sadowski <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Clirr now fails the build on error:
> ---CUT---
> [ERROR] Unable to find information in class org.apache.commons.math3.linear.SymmLQ referring
back to nested class org.apache.commons.math3.linear.SymmLQ$SymmLQEvent
> [ERROR] Unable to find information in class org.apache.commons.math3.optimization.direct.PowellOptimizer
referring back to nested class org.apache.commons.math3.optimization.direct.PowellOptimizer$SimpleValueChecker
> ---CUT---
>
> Since I don't know what causes those errors, I'd like to be able to skip
> the "clirr" check altogether.

Clirr does not like the output from the Eclipse compiler.
Make sure you run mvn clean first - and ensure that Eclipse is not set
to build the project.

> I tried to mimic settings suggested in an earlier messafe about skipping
> lengthy report, i.e.
>   <clirr.skip>true</clirr.skip>

AFAIK, that's not the same as setting a command-line property.

> It didn't work.
>
> I tried this:
>  <clirr.fail.on.error>false</clirr.fail.on.error>
> as documented here:
>  http://clirr.sourceforge.net/clirr-maven/properties.html

That is for an obsolete version of the Clirr plugin

The current version is documented at:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/clirr-maven-plugin/

> It didn't work.

mvn .... -Dclirr.skip