commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POOL2 release plan
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:41:23 GMT
On 12 April 2012 20:46, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> 1. Fix all the open bugs. DONE - until someone opens another Jira ;)
> 2. Clean up the docs. TODO
> 3. Release 2.0.0.M1
> 4. Work on DBCP2, updating POOL2 as required (e.g. moving the abandoned
> object code to POOL2)
> 5. React to feedback on 2.0.0.M1
> 6. Release 2.0.0.Mn as required
> 7. Release 2.0.0
>
> Thoughts? Comments? Feedback?

Not sure we should release 2.0.0; I would expect the first release to be 2.0.

If there needs to be minor update, then the next release would be 2.0.1.

I'm more used to -alphaN and betaN suffixes.
Not sure what milestones mean in terms of code quality and API stability.

> The one issue I have is that I have no clue how the release process for
> POOL works. I see the scripts Phil wrote but do not immediately see how
> they'd work with the plan above (also note I know nothing about Maven).
> Help appreciated.

I think the scripts are a bit outdated.

Now we use Nexus, "mvn deploy <options>" is usually all that is needed.