commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <>
Subject Re: [classscan],[meiyo],[sandbox] Sharing a concrete proposal for class path scanning / class metadata
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:20:13 GMT
I am interested.  I do want to keep it as simple as possible to set up
and retrieve the information.  I haven't had a chance to take a look
at your stuff, yet, though.  Perhaps I can get a few cycles this week.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Honton, Charles
<> wrote:
> There's been sporadic talk on this newsgroup since September 2010 about providing a commons
component which can scan a classpath and provide metadata about the classes.   I have a clean
(license-wsie) concrete interface and implementation to share.  This code will support the
following use cases:
> 1. An ioc container used during unit testing that replaces the full-blown EJB container.
 The ioc container will auto-stitch the @Stateless unit under test with default @EJB implementations
available from the classpath.  The container allows replacement of default implementations
with specific mocks.  Framework needs to find @EJB interfaces and implementations available
from jars in classpath.
> 2. Augment a code container to implement a domain event pub/sub framework.  Auto-stitch
the subscribers that want specific events to the publication of events.  Framework needs
to find implementations available to ear.
> 3. A JPA implementation must find all classes marked with @Entity within the same jar
that contains a META-INF/persistence.xml file.