commons-dev mailing list archives

From Damjan Jovanovic <damjan....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] maven: Problem with "clirr"
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:12:41 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Gilles Sadowski
<gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Clirr now fails the build on error:
> ---CUT---
> [ERROR] Unable to find information in class org.apache.commons.math3.linear.SymmLQ referring
back to nested class org.apache.commons.math3.linear.SymmLQ$SymmLQEvent
> [ERROR] Unable to find information in class org.apache.commons.math3.optimization.direct.PowellOptimizer
referring back to nested class org.apache.commons.math3.optimization.direct.PowellOptimizer$SimpleValueChecker
> ---CUT---
>
> Since I don't know what causes those errors, I'd like to be able to skip
> the "clirr" check altogether.

It seems you got lucky, that error used to break the build until very
recently (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCLIRR-36).

Clirr is old, and I think it only works properly with Java 1.4, it
can't handle some aspects of the new .class file format from later
versions.

Damjan