commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [classscan],[meiyo],[sandbox] Sharing a concrete proposal for class path scanning / class metadata
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 07:16:35 GMT
Same here, as main Meiyo contributor I'm of course interested, but no
available cycles ATM, hopefully during the weekend :(

Anyway, just to speak about it, I am changing my mind about classpath
scanning, that - even only when bootstrapping, of course - is a time
consuming operation.
I'd invite you on thinking about an AnnotationProcessor that at
compile-time generates the SPI META-INF/services files for
@EJB/@Entity annotated classes - bootstrap would be of course faster!

all the best, have a nice day!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM, James Carman
<james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> I am interested.  I do want to keep it as simple as possible to set up
> and retrieve the information.  I haven't had a chance to take a look
> at your stuff, yet, though.  Perhaps I can get a few cycles this week.
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Honton, Charles
> <Charles_Honton@intuit.com> wrote:
>> There's been sporadic talk on this newsgroup since September 2010 about providing
a commons component which can scan a classpath and provide metadata about the classes.
I have a clean (license-wsie) concrete interface and implementation to share.  This code
will support the following use cases:

>> 1. An ioc container used during unit testing that replaces the full-blown EJB container.
 The ioc container will auto-stitch the @Stateless unit under test with default @EJB implementations
available from the classpath.  The container allows replacement of default implementations
with specific mocks.  Framework needs to find @EJB interfaces and implementations available
from jars in classpath.

>> 2. Augment a code container to implement a domain event pub/sub framework.  Auto-stitch
the subscribers that want specific events to the publication of events.  Framework needs
to find implementations available to ear.

>> 3. A JPA implementation must find all classes marked with @Entity within the same
jar that contains a META-INF/persistence.xml file.

http://github.com/chonton/meiyo-sandbox