commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] Releasing 1.4
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 05:01:57 GMT
On 2012-03-31, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> Before ages when I wrote the "ChangeSet" stuff I have marked them as
> "experimental". Have not heard any complains yet... we should discuss
> if we remove that label or if need some more tweaks there. Probably
> after 1.4?

I must admit I've never used that API, so I don't know whether it could
use some tweaks.

OTOH I don't recall any JIRA raised against it in the three years they
are part of Compress.  Either nobody uses the classes or the API looks
good as it is.

Personally I intend (but you know what happens to good intentions when
time is limited) to kick off a Compress 2.0 API discussion after the 1.4
release - generics, some improvements as well as getting rid of some
backwards compatibility baggage.

Stefan